Join us as a Principal Consultant and you will get to work with a talented bunch of people, with some top brand names in industries such as e-commerce, health and advertising, and on projects that are interesting, complex and challenging.
In just over 15 years, Adatis has grown to over 100 people, become a Microsoft Gold Partner, opened offices in the UK, Bulgaria and India, and been recognised as a leader in everything from data strategy to analytics consultancy and data visualisation.
Our reputation is growing, and now we need more Principal Data Consultants to sit as the design authority for projects. This position is for our office in Sofia, Bulgaria with the flexibility to work remotely and/or from home.
The primary focus for you will be the design and delivery of enterprise-level data solutions from the earliest discovery phases of projects through prototyping, architectural design and delivery. You will be working with Azure tools such as Databricks, Data Factory as well as Hadoop to create big data environments which, in turn, will help businesses to gain greater insight into their big data repositories.
What will I be doing?
- Working on projects that utilise products within the Microsoft Azure and SQL Data analytics stack
- Satisfying the expectations and requirements of customers, both internal and external
- Supporting others in their development
- Contributing to the Adatis and external community
What experience/skills do I need?
- Strategic and operational decision-making skills
- Ability to guide, direct or influence people
- Ability to identify opportunities and issues
- Willingness to learn based on feedback
- Able to help others develop
- Expertise in creating complex SQL queries
- Experience in using Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, or SSAS)
- Commercial experience of Power BI for data visualisation
- Involvement in architectural decisions for data solutions
- Interest in Data Science and Data Modelling
What about technical skills?
People’s skills vary and that’s great because the role varies. You should be comfortable with most of the core technologies below and have had exposure to the others from the following list. Current Microsoft certifications are useful but not mandatory – we’ll help you get those!
- T-SQL / Python
- Power BI / Analysis Services / DAX
- Data Modelling / Data Warehouse Theory
Nice to Have
- Azure Modern Data Platform Services (Data Lake, Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse)
- Azure DevOps / CI/CD / YAML / ARM / Terraform
- MSBI Traditional Stack (SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Azure Automation / PowerShell
- Azure Streaming Analytics / Spark Streaming
- Azure Functions / C# .NET
- Data Science
- Master Data Management / MDS
Why Adatis? Why now?
This is the chance to work for a business big enough to offer great career opportunities and high-value projects; yet small enough to know the people you’re working with. This is a ‘people first’ culture where everyone is keen to share insights and information; ready to mentor and support; can’t wait for our Company Away Days to start again (post lockdown), and driven to exceptional standards of work.
We are big on culture because we know it makes for a better and more enjoyable place to work. A really important value for us is the sense that you ‘work with, not for’. So you’ll be here not just to do a job; but to help shape the future of the business for the years to come – whether that’s about the way we work, new technologies or new products, or simply whether we should have another pool table.
In short, this is why you should consider Adatis:
- Attractive salary and Profit Share Bonus
- Great holiday allowance - 25 days + public holidays
- Company team days (3 times a year!!)
- Unlimited budget for books for your learning
- Trips to technical conferences (e.g. SQLBits)
- Multisport card
- All the usual perks (pension, healthcare blah blah)
- A company that values its' team above all else
- Freedom to grow your career path
- A flat hierarchy and no-door policy
- A relaxed approach to where you work (office, home, client)
Our mantra is Achieve Together; and if you’re the type of professional who wants to grow a team and help shape a business, welcome to Adatis.
At Adatis, we believe, inclusion is the bridge for everyone to be their authentic self. We respect and celebrate our differences as diversity is what makes us unique and sparks our innovation. Be you with us and feel you belong.