In just over 15 years, Adatis has grown to over 100 people, become a Microsoft Gold Partner, opened offices in the UK, Bulgaria and India, and been recognised as a leader in everything from data strategy to analytics consultancy and data visualisation. But more than anything else, we are a people-first business with a close-knit team and a culture that people really love; and, importantly, a career model that lets you take control of your development and progression. So if you want to do some great things in data analytics (and have some fun at the same time), welcome to Adatis.
To be the data analytics company most admired for its people, culture and innovation.
The primary purpose of this role is to be the key, client-facing member of a project delivery team who ensures that projects are delivered successfully using Scrum methodology. As the Agile Project Manager, you will be responsible for all Scrum related meetings, such as sprint planning, backlog refinement, and for more traditional project management activities, such as budget management.
This is a role that requires someone with excellent client-facing skills, commercial acumen, as well as the ability to manage others. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel.
Our UK offices are in Farnham and London, and the Bulgaria office is in Sofia. The role can be based at either UK location. You'll be working, collaborating and socialising with your colleagues across all three offices.
- Working with the delivery team to develop the project scope, objectives, and sign-off/acceptance criteria
- Ensuring overall project governance and best-practice project delivery
- Coordination of project delivery team resources
- Running sprint planning, backlog refinement and other project-related meetings
- Coaching the client on how Scrum is run, ensuring that both Adatis and the client follow the Scrum process
- Helping the product owner manage the product backlog
- Controlling the project release cycles
- Managing the project budget and forecasts
- Managing other project commercials such as change requests
- Managing project risk plans, i.e. issues, risks, mitigation actions
- Facilitation of project status reporting with support from Project Resource Administrator
- Managing relationships with the client, the Adatis delivery team, and third-parties
- Interfacing between the consultant development teams and the client
- Adopting a proactive approach to prevent problems from arising
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed
- Ensuring a smooth transition of delivered projects into BAU or Managed Services support
- Demonstratable experience as a Scrum Master with certification preferred
- Experience in managing a project budget and overall project commercials
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Great people skills, with the ability to motivate a team towards a common goal
- Ability to manage a range of stakeholders, up to and including board level
- Experience in working on Data Analytics / Data Warehousing projects
There’s a long list of reasons, from the profit-share bonus to the company away days. Don’t underestimate the career opportunity – above all else, this is the chance to join an exciting and successful business that isn’t bogged down with big-company process and formality. We take your career development very seriously, and we have a clear career model, a mentor programme that works and a culture where sharing information and insight is part of the everyday.
- Attractive salary and Profit Share Bonus
- Great holiday allowance plus your birthday and volunteering days off
- Company team days (3 times a year!!)
- Unlimited budget for books for your learning
- Trips to technical conferences (e.g. SQLBits)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- All the usual perks (pension, healthcare blah blah) plus a few other cool ones
- A company that values its team above all else
- Freedom to grow your career path
- A flat hierarchy and no-door policy
- A relaxed approach to where you work (office, home, client)
We are keen to talk to people who want to work in a people-first business; and, like all of us, be keen to support, mentor and innovate together. This is a business small enough to know everyone; but big enough to provide great career opportunities. And we’re not precious about the way we do things; if there are better ways to do something, we want you to tell us and then make it happen.